Philanthropy – Board Donation Grants
The Oregon Country Fair creates events and experiences that nourish the spirit, explore living artfully and authentically on Earth, and transform culture in magical, joyous and healthy ways.
The Oregon Country Fair strives to honor community diversity, care for the earth, support arts and performance, create participatory experiences for youth and elders, develop a healthy spirit of volunteerism, foster effective communication and make community outreach and philanthropy a priority.
The Oregon Country Fair Board of Directors sets aside funds each year that are made available, at the discretion of the Board, to help with special or unique needs of nonprofit organizations. Certain eligibility limitations have been established either by regulation or by OCF policy:
- The applicant should be registered as a 501(c)3 non-profit.
- The applicant may be eligible if aligned with a registered non-profit.
- The purpose of the request should support OCF values and goals.
- Donations are generally limited to $1,000 or less.
- A donation is generally limited to once per year and to three consecutive years.
- The OCF restricts all political donations as provided by law.
The steps in the process:
- Requests are most likely to be granted if they are consistent with the Fair’s values and goals. Not all requests are successful but the Board tries to be generous and tries to support programs and groups that work for positive social change and provide service for those in need.
- Applications submitted by the end of the month will be included in the following month’s Board Packet.
- Wait to hear from the Board Secretary who will inform you if a Board member has agreed to bring your request forward. This may take one or two months. If there is no support by a Board member, the Board Secretary will let you know.
- If a Board member agrees to support your request, the Board Secretary will invite you, or your representative, to appear at a regular Board meeting to briefly outline your request and take questions. The OCF Board of Directors meets the first Monday of most months except for holidays. June and July are often too busy for donation business.
- If your request is approved by the Board, your check will be sent from the Oregon Country Fair office within a week of your presentation.